[opencms-dev] Login problems

McDonnell, David David.McDonnell at csu.edu.au
Wed Sep 19 06:59:40 CEST 2001

Hi All,

I've installed v4.4 from the website using Oracle for the back end. I've
successfully used the web interface and done a few things, but now I need to
access some of the features from the cmsshell. Whenever I try to login I get
an exception:

{Guest at Online}> login Admin admin
[CmsException]: 10 Unknown User. Detailed Error:
[com.opencms.file.genericSql.Cm
sDbAccess]Admin.
        at
com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsDbAccess.readUser(CmsDbAccess.java:873
1)
        at
com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsResourceBroker.loginUser(CmsResourceBr
oker.java:4012)
        at com.opencms.file.CmsObject.loginUser(CmsObject.java:2171)
        at
com.opencms.core.CmsShellCommands.login(CmsShellCommands.java:1932)
        at com.opencms.core.CmsShell.call(CmsShell.java:147)
        at com.opencms.core.CmsShell.commands(CmsShell.java:188)
        at com.opencms.boot.CmsMain.begin(CmsMain.java:159)
        at com.opencms.boot.CmsMain.main(CmsMain.java:105)

Login failed!

Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong (BTW this account works fine thry
the web).

David McDonnell
email: david.mcdonnell at csu.edu.au
Phone: +61 2 69 334217