[opencms-dev] Templateselector & Support for multiple languages & Printversion of current body

Prestel, Marianne prestel at itiv.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Oct 10 13:41:55 CEST 2001

Hi,

1)TEMPLATESELECTOR
I've got a question, frequently asked, but ultimately unanswered. Thanks for
any help concerning the following point:
I also wanted to use the proposed example for multiple body-templates, but
the result is the same like Oliver's (0109/msg00017 et al.)
I've found a note, that in a later distribution (since Version 4.5) of
OpenCms the element-cache will handle also short element-definitions
(without the class-definition). Our current version is 4.4.0.

Here's my source code:
<ELEMENTDEF name="news">
     <CLASS>com.opencms.template.CmsXmlTemplate</CLASS>
     <TEMPLATESELECTOR>news</TEMPLATESELECTOR>
</ELEMENTDEF>

the result in the browser is: [body2] ???

Is the only possibility disabling the element cache until the new version
4.5?

2)LANGUAGES
Are there any plans to support different language-versions of a website? It
would be easy, if for example the title, navigation-text, description etc.
would be stored together for different languages when creating a new object
(page, folder ...).

3)
I use two different Mastertemplates: Online- and Print-versions. Is there a
possibility to automatically exchange the two mastertemplates according to
the slected Version (Online/Print) if a user selects the
print/online-button?

Thanks in advance for any help
Marianne

Marianne Prestel