[opencms-dev] Re: References for openCMS?

Massimiliano Alessandri m.alessandri at tiscalinet.it
Tue Nov 6 00:24:25 CET 2001

At 16.23 05/11/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>the following installations are generated by Framfab Deutschland AG:
>
>www.mediatown.de (B2B-Portal movie/TV)
>www.erzbistum-koeln.de (Germany´s biggest diozese)
>www.dkv.be (Belgium subsidiary of Deutsche Krankenversicherung AG)
>www.nvs-verzekeringen.nl (Dutch subsidiary of Deutsche Krankenversicherung
>www.gemadi.net (Agency for experience marketing)
>www.darik.net (Bulgarian radio portal)
I noticed all of these webs have a URL in the form
http://www.web.com/servlets/opencms/index.html, is there a way to mount the
OpenCMS Virtual File System on the root to avoid having to include
"servlets/opencms" in every URL?
I managed to configure Apache this way by adding something like
WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy opencms warpConnection /
to the httpd.conf file in the virtual host configuration, but this results
in having the image files being served by OpenCMS instead of by the Apache
Web Server, reducing performance.  It also causes system lockups if images
are not found.
I think you would solve an open issue which could be of general interest.
I'm converting an existing portal to OpenCMS and need to keep all links
unaltered to preserve user bookmarks.
Thanks a lot