[opencms-dev] Installation Problem - the requested resource (/opencms/ocsetup) is not available

David Pape [ Twinwave ] d.pape at twinwave.net
Thu Nov 8 11:47:52 CET 2001

I have just installed the latest stable versions of Java, Tomcat, MySQL and
OpenCms on a Redhat 7? machine.

I have completed up to step 5 of the installation instructions, but have now
hit a problem when trying to run the setup-wizard;  When I go to
http://localhost:8080/opencms/ocsetup I get the message:

"Apache Tomcat/4.0.1 - HTTP Status 404 - /opencms

type Status report

message /opencms/ocsetup

description The requested resource (/opencms/ocsetup) is not available."

If I put an index.html file in the webapps/opencms/ directory and try to
view this I get the same message.  If I put the opencms directory within the
examples directory and try http://localhost:8080/examples/opencms/ocsetup
then it gives me a listing of the files within the opencms dir.  When in the
examples directory I can also view the index page that I have created.  What
is going on???  why does the default installation not work???

Thanks in advance for any help, David.