[opencms-dev] Netscape

Andreas Urra andreas.urra at x-cellent.com
Tue Nov 13 12:34:49 CET 2001

Hello,

we are going to deploy OpenCMS in our company where it is an urgent question,
if it will offer complete functionality in combination with Netscape (Version
is of no matter - only we use Linux ;)

Some of you already use Netscape. Does it work properly? We encountered
serious Problems - even with the developer-release OpenCMS 4.5.17.

Our configuration is:
Server:    Linux (Suse 7.3), Tomcat 4.0.1, Mysql-3.23.44, OpenCMS 4.4.6
Clients:    Windows NT, Windows2000, *Linux*, Netscape 4.7.6, Netscape 6.1

Is it simply not possible right now, or it just a matter of configuration? And
if so, how do we have to configure?

What do the plans look like for fixing this problem? The anouncement of 'first
quater 2002' causes some unease for our project-leader ;) Is there any more
specific date?

Just in case we are venturing to fix (code) it on our own - any hints for
where to start or look at?

Greetings and thanks in advance,

Andreas Urra