[opencms-dev] Basic discussion about OpenCms

Jünger @ projektINTER.NET juenger at projektinter.net
Wed Nov 14 13:16:41 CET 2001

Hi,

there is one basic thing about how someone can add new pages to a OpenCms web we are not happy about.
Due to the use of a Editor to generate new contet OpenCms gives very low restrictions to constrain the design for the user. The Content producer using the Editor can even spoil the CI of the hole site by e.g. choosing wrong colors or fonts!

Other CMS use simply a strict grid in desgin fixed by forms and buttons to upload pictures. The Position of any asset add by forms can be placed as wanted in a Templete by the Webdesigner. This restricts the user in that way only to produce content and not design! As much as I know about OpenCms this function is not implementet.

1) Has anyone tried to add these functions?
2) Is this not a major disadvantage of OpenCms having so low restriction to constrain the design? This actually softens the basic idea of a 3) CMS to devide Content/Design/and Programming!!
Are many CMS working like this?