[opencms-dev] opencms4.4.6, examples ?

Stephan Hartmann hartmann at waehrisch-feykes.de
Tue Dec 18 14:19:40 CET 2001

Am Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2001 13:06 schrieben Sie:
> thanks for this answer it helps me a lot,
>
> but how about the SQL script ???

i forgot, the website demo uses the news module to store its content.
therefor you have to install the latest version of the news module.
first create the tables in the database:

mysql opencms < NewsModuleSetup.sql

then put the com.opencms.modules.homepage.news_4.zip into the modules
directory inside the export directory.
then go to the administration view and choose modules. here you can upload
the module from the server. now it should work.
anyway you may execute

mysql opencms < website.sql

to fill the tables with content.

> and can you tell me
> why when i'm logged with admin rights , i can't create any directory please
> ?

maybe you are in the online project? you can not create folders or something
else within the online project. you have to create a editable project from
the administration view, project management. create one containing the
mainfolder /. this creates a copy of the online project.
you now can edit and create in this project.
to make your changes visible from the online project, you can publish the
complete project or just single resources.

note: after installation of the news module there are 2 new administration
points in the administration view. you use these to edit/create channels and
news entries. you may find here the content you inserted with the sql scripts.
this content is always up to date in all projects and you can edit them with
just having the online project and no other project.