[opencms-dev] Template example: compiling control code

Manfred Pruntsch manfred.pruntsch at ifcos.com
Tue Jan 29 11:45:05 CET 2002

Hello,

I'm experiencing with the examples in the template mechanism documentation.
When I try to compile the Java class that controls the output of the
template (page 12) I've got some error messages like this:

C:\Programme\tomcat4\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\oclib>%JAV
A_HOME%
/bin/javac CmsExample4.java
CmsExample4.java:1: package com.opencms.template does not exist
import com.opencms.template.*;
^
CmsExample4.java:2: package com.opencms.file does not exist
import com.opencms.file.*;
^

It seems that the compiler doesn't find the packages.
My Classpath pointed to the ...\opencms\WEB-INF\oclib\ directory. The file
'opencms.jar' contains the
appropriate packages.
To avoid this problem I copied the 'opencms.jar' file in the jdk/lib
directory...with the same result.

What goes wrong? Any advice is welcome.

many thanks
Manfred