AW: [opencms-dev] Template example: compiling control code

Manfred Pruntsch manfred.pruntsch at ifcos.com
Tue Jan 29 16:18:34 CET 2002

Hello Andreas,

> Java requires *.jar files to go on the classpath directly, that
> is: by name (not just into the directory)
That was it.

But now I've got another error. The ...\Element.class not found.
---------------------
C:\Programme\tomcat4\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\oclib>java
c Cm
sExample4.java
CmsExample4.java:13: cannot access org.w3c.dom.Element
file org\w3c\dom\Element.class not found
        templateDocument.setData("greeting","from Java!");
---------------------
Where is this class located. In which package/jar file?
I'm very sorry for my stupid questions. I come from PHP and I'm not
especially familiar with java.

Manfred Pruntsch

IFCOS Institut fur Zell- und Organsimulation GmbH
Friedrich-Barnewitz-Strasse 3
18119 Rostock
phone: +49 (0)381.5196-190
fax: +49 (0)381.5196-137