[opencms-dev] Installation Problem

Jun Yamog jun at infiniteinfo.com
Wed Feb 6 11:42:23 CET 2002

Hi,

I am new to opencms and would like to try it.  I have a problem during
installation.

I use opencms 4.4.6, tomcat 4.0.1 and jdk 1.3.1.  It seems that there is
no db connection or a security problem during the drop and create of
database.

I get a

java.sql.SQLException: Server configuration denies access to data source

I have try to search the archives for this and it seems some people do
get the error but it seems there is no solution presented.  I have tried
to connect to mysql via -P 3306 everything is ok.  I have check the logs
and they are empty.  Can someone explain that this means?  No connection
to the database or access is denied?  What could cause this error,
suggested fix.  Thanks very much.

Jun