[opencms-dev] AW: problem htdig-configuration, necessary changes to use htdig o f SUSE Prof 7.3 with opencms

"Bührle, Martin, FCI1" martin.buehrle at lfk.eads.net
Tue Mar 5 11:14:06 CET 2002

Hi Kadir!

O.k.
Lets do it step by step.

First step:
With standard option htdig doesnt include "default-files" while indexing the
opencms-content. It is not a database-problem.
All the files "index.html, index.htm, default.htm and default.html" are NOT
included by htdig with standard-options.
So You have set this in Your htdig.conf - File. Add the following line in
this file:
"remove_default_doc:"
(without any parameters).
Run again htdig an htmerge with the necessary parameters.
You can test the result outside of opencms under something like
http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/htsearch?words=<replace_with_Your_search>

Second step:
Read the module-description under
/system/modules/com.opencms.modules.search.htdig/doc/english.html
(inside opencms-workplace; explorer-view) carefully
Take care, that for the necessary file-modifications in step "Alignment of
HT://dig" You do NOT add any empty lines at the end of the files (have a
look at the mailing-list for that problem).

Third step:
Change again Your htdig.conf-file, uncomment the lines (3 lines in
htdig.conf)
a) "template_map"   and
b) "template_name"

Thats all, then it should work

Best regards
 Martin Buehrle

Martin Buehrle, FCI1
EADS - European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company
Telefax: +49 89 3179-8927
eMail: Martin.Buehrle at lfk.eads.net