AW: [opencms-dev] DB2 Support

Stefan Marx Stefan.Marx at framfab.de
Fri Mar 8 10:02:28 CET 2002

Hi Jeff,

as far as I can see there is unfortunatly actual no working support for DB/2
in OpenCms.
Recently Nicolás Lichtmaier <nick at technisys.com.ar> replaced the Oracle code
in the ge-
neric SQL section with the deltas for that particular SQL parser (PostGres).
If you like
to contribute you should derive the needed functionality from the
generic/Oracle and cre-
ate three new classes (CmsDbAccess, CmsQueries and CmsResourceBroker).
WebSphere support is nearly two years old and shoud work out of the box at
least for 3.5.
AS/400 support sounds *very* interesting! I've seen solely sites using
Window* and *NIX
OS's for OpenCms on differents CPU architectures. Would be nice to hear from
the results,
in either cases ... good luck!

cu Stefan