[opencms-dev] Design/ Functional specs and <META> tag parsing bug

Paul paul at abctranslate.com
Tue Mar 12 12:04:54 CET 2002

Hi Stephen,

I got the documentation from www.opencms.com/downloads/OpenCmsDoc.pdf and I
am using the opencms_4.4.6.

The closing </META> tag should not be there, I put that there to see if it
would make a difference. In the above document you will see the example on
page 2.

You need to type this code into a new project (which can't be an online one
as the magic wand is greyed out for these). This code is placed in
/content/templates.

This is done using the editor as described in the manual. In saying that,
when I right mouse clicked on the file Icon only the 'HTML editor' would
successfully bring up the editor. The edit source code option didn't work.

Anyway, the stumbling block at the moment is this <META> tag problem.

The lack of documentation can be quite frustrating as a) you don't know what
should happen and b) you don't know where to look, when odd things do
happen.

I would be interested in improving the documentation, if I could get my
hands on the func and design specs.

Best wishes,

Paul