AW: [opencms-dev] Reason for <edittemplate> in /content/bodys fil es?

Andreas Schouten Andreas.Schouten at framfab.de
Fri Apr 12 11:31:41 CEST 2002

Hi Stephan, hi Nick,

I haden't noticed your report from 27th of march - sorry about that. A
better way to report bugs is to use bugzilla:
http://www.opencms.org/bugzilla/.

Yes you are right - if you update from 4.4.x to 4.6.x and import files with
multible bodies the handling is not correct. Creating new files with
multible bodies in 4.6.x works correct. A simple solution (if you don't have
too much files with multible bodies to create the edittemplates on your own
by editiong the /content/bodys/ file. You can simply copy the content from
one body to the edittemplate.

Now the question - why is everything doubled? The edittemple holds the
original body you have created. The template body is a jtidy copy of that
body with special tags (<link> tag). With these <link> tags OpenCms controls
new features like static export (and lucene search engine in the future). If
you edit a body the content is got from "edittemplate". If you safe the body
it contents is stored in edittemplate. After that the content is parsed by
jtidy and all links are sourrounded by <link> tags. If you view a body the
"template" body is used.

I hope that helps,

Andreas