AW: [opencms-dev] Velocity and OpenCMS

Werner Punz werpu at gmx.at
Mon Apr 15 15:06:09 CEST 2002

Hi does anybody know if Alex Kandzior is reachable currently.
The reason why I´m asking this question is, that I have had a new version
of the Velocity bindings available, and mailed them to him monday last week.
But have gotten no response so far (and no update on the website either).
So I´m not sure if he is on vacation currently.

Anyway if anyone wants the new version of the bindings, with all the
proposed changes
before Alex has time to put it on the webpage. Send me a mail and I will
send it directly to you.
(Maybe I will put a link on my companies website again for the new bindings
version-my boss is out of office today so I can´t ask him currently)

Here is a short summary of the new features (more details are in the
readmes)

a) New way of interfacing the Velocity engine.
b) No synchronized call
c) The outer API to OpenCMS stays the same
d) Overall it seems to be a little bit faster
e) A cache factory class which allows to plug foreign caches into Velocity
f) Better readme files than in the old version :-)
g) Better package structure

Downside however

I had to touch a few classes which shouldn´t be touched on the Velocity
side.
So all the changes have to be sent back to the apache people so that they
can
merge in the near future, otherwise we will have a moving target to hit
every time
a new Velocity version comes out.

Cheers

Werner Labor_C