[opencms-dev] PdfLauncher fails to initialize

Manfred Pruntsch manfred.pruntsch at ifcos.com
Wed Apr 24 16:56:20 CEST 2002

Hi Marian,

I've got the absolutly same error message.
In the oclib directory I coudn't found the fop.jar library. And in fact
opencms 4.6 doesn't provide a fop-file.
So I downloaded the newest version (fop 0.20.3) and placed it in the oclib
dir. The same game...

I was looking at the build.xml file in the source distribution.
The fop is called here with 'fop_bin.jar'.
So I renamed the file but the same error happens.

The fop driver is used in the CmsPdfLauncher class. I'm sure that is the
reason for the error message. opencms can't find the fop library.

code snippet from CmsPdfLauncher.java --------------------
import org.apache.fop.apps.Driver;
public class CmsPdfLauncher extends CmsXmlLauncher {

I think the question is what for a fop-file is needed (version, naming)?
Do you have experience producing pdf files? See also my next mail regarding
this topic.

best regards,
Manfred Pruntsch