[opencms-dev] maintenance class for modules

Dan Moore Dan.Moore at xor.com
Thu Apr 25 19:06:41 CEST 2002

Hi folks,

I was reading the CMSGuide and when looking at the modules section, I saw a
reference to a maintenance class:

"In the field Maintenance class you can specify a class (with its
fully-qualified class name) that handles events like deleting a module,
uploading a module and changing of the module parameters. This class has to
implement certain methods to handle these events." (page 149)

I was wondering what methods needed to be implemented.  Is there an
interface or documentation?

There are no classes named *maint* in the tree.  I searched the opencms-dev
archives, and didn't find anything.

I downloaded and unzipped the sample news module.  In the manifest, it
listed com.opencms.modules.homepage.news.NewsChannelContentDefinition as
the maintenance class.  I looked at that class, and the only types that it
extended or implemented were related to content definition (DAO).  There is
a method called moduleParameterWasUpdated(), but I found no reference to
that in the javadoc.

I'm not sure where to start looking if I want to create a maintenance
class.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan