[opencms-dev] maintenance class for modules

Dan Moore Dan.Moore at xor.com
Tue Apr 30 00:09:32 CEST 2002

Hi Simon.

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:08, Simon Knightley wrote:

> Dan,
>
> I just realised I may have misunderstood your question.  The methods you
> need are:
>
> public static void moduleWasUploaded(CmsObject cms)
> public static void moduleParameterWasUpdated(CmsObject cms)
> public static void moduleWasDeleted(CmsObject cms)
>
> The documentation around this area is a little sketchy.  But if you need
> any more tips we may have someone in the office who can help.

Thanks for the information.  I agree the documentation is a bit sketchy.
It looks like these methods are called the com.opencms.file.CmsRegistry
class, so I guess I should continue looking there.

I'm not even sure whether I need a module maintainance class.  I assume,
based on the parameter names, that these methods are called during certain
times in the life cycle of a module.

May I ask what you have found these methods useful for?

I can see them being good for cleaning up a database on module delete, and
possibly handling 'module upgrades' nicely (perhaps--right now if you try
to upload a module over another one, OpenCms complains).

Thanks for the info.

Dan