AW: [opencms-dev] weblogic and opencms

mfoley5 at csc.com.au mfoley5 at csc.com.au
Tue May 7 00:33:11 CEST 2002

Hi Dan,

I am working on this, and have had some success - although there are still
some problems.  Here is what I've done so far:

Using Oracle 8.1.7 with Tomcat is not a problem, as long as I use
"genericsql" and the thin Oracle driver rather than "oracleOci".
The opencms.war file does not deploy correctly to WLS6.1 - I get a weblogic
message "J2EE deploy error".
So I expanded the opencms.war file into a new weblogic domain application
directory and specified it in the weblogic administration console.
I can invoke the setup URL which loads the /opencms/ocsetup/index.ocjsp
page, but this reports that the wizard is not available (even though the
opencms.properties file specifies wizard.enabled = true) .
I then manually edited the opencms.properties file to specify
resourcebroker = genericsql and changed the corresponding database
parameters further down the file (usernames, passwords, database names),
specifying a database which I have already been using with OpenCms/Tomcat.
Because of the setup wizard not working, I peformed the setup using
Tomcat/OpenCMS, then transferred the database settings to the WLS6.1
installation.
I edited the registry.xml file in the WEB-INF/config directory, changinging
"<tempfileproject></tempfileproject>" to
"<tempfileproject>3</tempfileproject>" (this allows me to edit pages within
the OpenCMS workspace).
I changed the WebLogic startup script to put the xerces-1_4_4.jar file
included with OpenCms first in the classpath, before the weblogic jar
files, and copied the "/opencms\WEB-INF\ocsetup\vfs\pics" directory to
"/opencms\pics", started Weblogic, then pointed my browser to "
http://localhost:7001/opencms/opencms/system/workplace/action/login.html"

At this point I see a pop-up message "The version of workplace-templates
and workplace-classes are different. Please update one." - clicking "OK"
brings up the OpenCms login screen.   Logging in as Admin works, although I
get that message again (the user guide section 14.2.8 describes this
phenomenon).  From here on everything appears to be working.

I have been too busy with other project aspects to get back to these
deployment problems, but they will have to be fixed within a week or
thereabouts.  If anybody else has WLS6.1/OpenCMS working properly together,
I'D REALLY LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Regards,

Mark Foley
CSC
212 Northbourne Ave, Braddon, ACT 2612
Ph: +61-2-62468487    Email: mfoley5 at csc.com.au

This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information and
may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose
other than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained
in it. In this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
permanently from your system and destroy any copies.

Dan Moore <Dan.Moore at xor.com>@www.opencms.org on 07/05/2002 01:20:50 AM

Please respond to opencms-dev at www.opencms.org

Sent by:    owner-opencms-dev at www.opencms.org