[opencms-dev] access flags

Dan Moore Dan.Moore at xor.com
Thu May 9 18:56:36 CEST 2002

Hi folks,

I've noticed when I export a module, the manifest.xml has access flags
associated with each resource.  I looked at the database and there is a
numeric column ACCESS_FLAGS in the CMS_RESOURCES table.  Looking at the
values of this column is not especially helpful.

I searched the opencms-dev archives and the CMSGuide for 'access flag'
and 'access flags' and didn't find anything that helped.

Well, looking at the source actually helped quite a bit.  It looks like,
based on the base class's (com.opencms.defaults.A_CmsContentDefinition)
implementation of getAccessFlags(), that all access flags are
ints that are anded together.

The ints are defined in the com.opencms.core.I_CmsConstants.

(Sending to the list for posterity.)
--
Dan Moore
Programmer

"Reinventing the wheel isn't nearly as bad as having to continually
reconceptualize it..."
   --Bijan Parsia