[opencms-dev] Online view shows just [contenttemplate] ???

Werner Punz werpu at gmx.at
Fri May 10 14:25:08 CEST 2002

Yes we have a similar problem over here with the 4.6 version. I looked into
that problem on wednesday and today and encountered similar things. (I tried
to include xmltemplate based elements and only got the
[element]??? message)

My conclusion to the problem is, there seems to be a bug in the xmltemplate
resolution on the element side. A workaround is to
republish the xml element files as plain text it may also work as HTML file,
that worked for me on a small testcase. However this bug is highly annoying.
Maybe one of the OpenCMS developers knows about this problem and how to fix
it on source level (I donĀ“t have time to look into that problem myself :-(

Werner

-----
Hi,

I have some basic troubles when publishing some Pages which run fine in the
development view but do not run at all in the online view.

I created some "two-language-sites" with multiple bodies. In the template
file are also included a two language Headelement/navtalbe. For the multiple
bodies sites/elements I used an individual template Class, which I stored in
occlasses... so far so good -
in the Projectview(Browserpreview) everything looks/works fine! I can change
the languages bodies without any problem, but as soon as I export them, and
change to the online view, All I can see is my almost empty frametemplate
(which uses the default class [com.opencms.template.CmsXmlTemplate]), but
instead of the included head/Nav elements and contenttemplate, the only things I
see are [headtemplate] ??? ... [navleft] ???..  [contenttemplate] ???

I also tested it with disabled element cache, because I found this another
Mail, but nothing changed.

Anyone know what my Problem is ???

Thanks

Clemens