[opencms-dev] OpenCms High level questions

"Füchsel, Andre" Andre.Fuechsel at koeln.sema.slb.com
Wed May 29 13:10:34 CEST 2002

> We have setup OpenCms and are evaluating it now.  We are very excited
> about using an open source content management system.   Much of the
> system seems very well thought out with nice XML templates,
> lots of good
> administration, easy installation etc.  However, we could use
> some help
> understanding some of the high level issues.

We too. Unfortunately, nobody answered your questions until now. I will add
some more questions in another email and I hope, that somebody is able to
answer them.

> 2)  I am not fully understanding the publishing concept.
> Does the live
> site have to be served by OpenCms, or can we serve the pages from a
> standard IIS or Apache Webserver?

As far as I understand, the live site has to be served by OpenCms as well.
You are now able to create static pages, so if you choose this way, you can
use any server you like for the live machine and you do not need OpenCms
installed on this machine.

A.

--
Andre Fuechsel, Senior Consultant & Software Architect
SchlumbergerSema, XML Network / Competence Center Content Management