[opencms-dev] publishProject using CmsMain doesn't work?

Bart Elberg belberg at idealcorp.com
Fri Jul 19 01:22:23 CEST 2002

Bart Elberg wrote:

> I am automating several OpenCms activities by running CmsMain and
> supplying a script file.  The one problem I am having is that
> pushlishProject and publishResource always report "[CmsStaticExport]
> Nothing found to export.", yet if I login to OpenCms via the web and
> click on the publish button, it does work.  There are modified files
> to be exported.  Below (after my signature) is an example session with
> the commands I use.  It even shows that the publishResource command
> does the same thing.  The basic sequence is :
>
>    login
>    setCurrentProject
>    publishProject
>
> Has anyone successfully used the command line interface to publish?
> Any help is appreciated!!
>
> System Configuration:
>
>    OpenCms 4.6.1
>    JDK 1.4.0
>    Mandrake Linux

After further investigation, it appears that publishProject does indeed
work.  The problem is that the web interface to OpenCms does not display
the updated status of resources (changed by CmsMain) even after clicking
the refresh button.  By locking one of the changed files, you can
trigger a refresh of the status.  This is not as serious a problem.

--
Bart Elberg
I.D.E.A.L. Technology Corporation - Orlando Office