[opencms-dev] New Content Definition Questions

Bart Elberg belberg at idealcorp.com
Tue Aug 13 01:34:20 CEST 2002

I have some questions about adding a new content definition and
controlling access to it in the back office/administration view.

1) Is it possible to get the "Locked by" column to display like it does
in the Explorer view? If so, what needs to be done?
2) What controls access to each custom content entry? The documentation
talks about implementing isReadable() and isWriteable() methods and
calling them in the constructor, write(), and delete() methods. Using
that approach just allows the application to generate an exception. Is
is possible to make the non-writeable entries grayed-out in the list? or
just disable the "Edit" menu entry?
3) What determines what appears in the popup menu when left clicking on
a content entry? The only menu entries that are displayed currently are
Edit, Delete, and (Un)Lock. Is it possible to add other functions to the
menu like Copy, Rename, View History, ...?

The closest example I can find is the "Module-management" back office,
but I haven't found where the magic happens in the code. Any
help/guidance on this is appreciated.

System Configuration:

OpenCMS: 4.6.1
Mandrake Linux: 2.4.18-6mdk