[opencms-dev] Multiple sites

Nico Krause Nico.Krause at nsc.eu.com
Tue Aug 13 14:14:05 CEST 2002

As I know there is only the possibility to install for a second instance
into a second web context.
I tried it and it works - But u have to install it for each site again and
again.

I think that this solution wastes a lot of resources for example memory...if
you have only less
money for big computers or about 100000 customers that's no good idea...

If somebody knows other possibilities  - I would also be very interested in
such a solution.
I think this item I read somewhere in the "Todos"...

In my opinion it could work like this:

1.	Modifying the workplace of OpenCMS to support multiple sites. So
that a 'site' user only sees his site...the content should be saved in a
dedicated database schema (for example for quota reasons etc.)
2.	Implementing a small webapp in order to deploy it in web context of
another side. This webapp could "communicate" with the opencms "main" system

Don't know how much work it is.... ;-)

But I'm also interested in this feature...

Best Regards,

Nico