[opencms-dev] Multiple sites

Nico Krause Nico.Krause at nsc.eu.com
Tue Aug 13 15:43:33 CEST 2002

Right. But... if you want to serve dynamic websites with different domain
names...
It could cause following obscurities:

-        Is it possible that each user has a space where he can store his
"*.class" files excepting the folder ~/opencms/WEB-INF/occlasses (I think
no. Excepting you work with packages and each subdirectory of "occlasses" is
a link to the domain or projects home directory. So a programmer should
implement the package in that manner. (?!)

-        reloading classes of each project separately (for update reasons)
is not possible at the moment - JAVA question is it possible to unload a
"dynamic" instantiated CLASS or is it possible to get a list of instantiated
classes which opencms did ?! I think so - like the Jserv and Tomcat
programmer did it.

-        Works only with the "static export" not with "dynamic sites".   The
URL in that case will always be for example
http://yourdomain.com/~/opencms/project(or
<http://yourdomain.com/~/opencms/project(or>  domain)/dynamiccontent.html)

Did I understood that right?  Because I just  start using OpenCMS for
several small to medium projects - but I find it great at this time. I've
never seen such cool CMS)

Best Wishes from Munich, Germany

Nico