[opencms-dev] Multiple sites

Nico Krause nico.krause at nsc.eu.com
Tue Aug 13 21:13:43 CEST 2002

Nachrichtcool idea... thank you...

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: ralph | m.e.c.
  To: opencms-dev at www.opencms.org
  Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 8:49 PM
  Subject: AW: [opencms-dev] Multiple sites

  well in esence you could achieve that sort of thing with a url rewriting under apache. the scenario would look like following:

  1. apache server
  2. opencms server

  requests from the domain www.domain1.de to the apache server. that rewrites all requests from / to http://opencmsserver/project1 which is a subdirectory under opencms. as apache does the rewriting, all requests look as if they go to http://www.domain1.de. that means the address www.domain1.de/mydir would go to http://opencmsserver/project1/mydir....
  In principal you can use one server but I would suggest using several servers though, because running opencms a java servlet + the rewriting from the apache server could get very messy. anyways that way the apache server can serve as a central distributer of several projects.....

  regards,

  Eduard Ralph