[opencms-dev] HTTP-Authentification

Schmidt, Kai Kai.Schmidt at bonprix.net
Mon Aug 19 12:29:43 CEST 2002

Hi list,

we use OpenCMS 4.7.7 on RedHat 7.2/Oracle with Internet Explorer 5.0 and
everything works fine except for one small problem.
As we need a section in our Intranet  for authorised users only, we simply
use the User management of OpenCMS. We defined a group, unblocked a couple
of folders for them, which are blocked for normal "guests" and set the
static export to "dynamic". Up to here, everything works fine: if the user
is trying to open content of these folders he is asked to authenticate for
OpenCMS (HTTP-based!!!). If he logs in with correct Username and password,
he is able to see the pages.
Now the problem: If the user types in a wrong username or password he does
not get a new http-request (IE normally repeats the request three times),
but a CMSException as follows:

[CmsException]: 10 Unknown User. Detailed Error:
[com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsDbAccess]username

(complete stacktrace available if needed)

Seems to be some missing http-header (401), as far as we can analyze it, the
system returns a "HTTP/1.1 200 OK"

Does anyone has a doubt what to do?

Greetings,

Jens+Kai