[opencms-dev] flex: JSP and templates?

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri Aug 30 13:52:08 CEST 2002

Stefan,

> So there is no way to use a "normal" XML template for the JSP
> content pages?

No. The prefered way of building templates with JSP is like I have
already outlined.

> The reason I'm asking is this: we got a
> frametemplate for our whole website and so we'd like to be
> able to use this same frametemplate for our JSP content pages, too...

You can use <cms:include page="..."> with XML as an included page also.
You could try to manually edit the XML control file of a page and
add a JSP element as BODY element with the JSP launcher class as
provided below,
but I personally so far din't bother to try this out.

> Could the 2 approaches you've mentioned ("include page" /
> JSP-Templates defined in XML) be combined with frames / frame
> templates?

Probably. I din't try so far. Let me know if you succeed :)

Regarts,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
OpenCms Group / Alkacon Software