[opencms-dev] UTF-8 encoded parameters and navigation texts

CALI-GARSIA Bruno bruno.cali-garsia-renexter at renault.com
Fri Aug 30 15:40:31 CEST 2002

Hello,

I have a problem using parameters passed from a form encoded in UTF-8 , the
characters are tranformed somewhere between the Hastable parameters got in
getContent() and the servlet output.

This works well with other encoding such as latin 2 and big5.

My simple code looks like this, it gets a parameter and returns it :

---------8<----------

public byte[] getContent(

// -- get parameters from the form
String value=(String)parameters.get("textfield");

// -- return the value
return  value.getBytes();
}

It sounds like an opencms servlet pb, does anyone face this pb before ?

I've seen that navigation texts are transformed as well, even in the 5beta
version. I'd really like to have the feedback of people who have developed a
site supporting other encoding than latin-1.

Thanks,

Bruno