[opencms-dev] Navigation question

Nico Krause Nico.Krause at nsc.eu.com
Tue Sep 3 11:16:09 CEST 2002

Hi,

I want to implement navigation with rollovers and layers.
A primary Navigation with 'n' 3-5 or more Items...should be generated
automatically from a folder root and each of them should have a separated
layer...the layer contains the secondary navigation. (next folder level)

So I have to read the whole tree at once - I think - in order to get all
navigation items...

Some problems I have with doing that (besides I did only a very easy
navigation at this time)

1.	I don't know how to separate logically the primary navigation from
the secondary navigation
2.	positioning the layers might be a problem. But I think will solve
this through properties in folders. Or extending CmsXmlNav. with a new
method. Which shifts every new layer to the right depending from it's
position and how many nav items where displayed before.

Did somebody extend the CmsXmlNav? It would be great if somebody posts some
code examples it to me.
If somebody has implemented such a navigation.. it would also be great
posting me.

Thank you, very much,

Nico

Nico Krause