[opencms-dev] login-problem into a existing intranet-installation with opencms 4.4.6 (worked for months before...)

"Bührle, Martin, FCI1" martin.buehrle at lfk.eads.net
Wed Sep 4 19:40:47 CEST 2002

Hi list,

after using Opencms 4.4.6 in a productive environment for some months we now
have the problem, that our users can't login to the opencms-workplace
anymore.
The behavior is the following:
a) the complete opencms 4.4.6-content is visible in the intranet, no problem
there
b) trying to login as a user to the workplace using URL

http://intra.lfk.corp:8080/opencms/opencms/system/workplace/action/login.htm
   ends up in a never ending "download" of the workplace. There is no
timeout-message and no failure-message.
   That the user-login to opencms works, You can see by using a wrong
password (access is denied then...) or by looking into the
   mysql-database (3.23.43, Suse 7.3 prof) where You can see, that the last
user-login-date was changed correctly.

--> but anyway: You dont get the workplace after the login. Something goes
wrong there.
--> in parallel we have another opencms-instance running, there are no
problems yet.

Does anybody know what to do?
I checked all the log-files, nothing wrong there (so far I can see..)

Thanx for help (it is urgend for us)!

Best regards!
 Martin

Martin Buehrle, FCI1
EADS - European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company
Telefax: +49 89 3179-8927
eMail: Martin.Buehrle at lfk.eads.net