[opencms-dev] Newer debug settings with jdk1.4.0?

Manfred Pruntsch manfred.pruntsch at ifcos.com
Thu Sep 5 12:15:10 CEST 2002

Hi everybody,

I use the jbuilder 6 enterprise to debug my java classes for opencms.
The settings I used for tomcat are:
CATALINA_OPTS=-classic -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:tran
sport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5000 -Dfile.encoding=ISO8859_1

With jdk 1.3.1 all works fine. With jdk 1.4.0 it works fine too but I get
while startup tomcat a warn-message:
Warning: classic VM not supported; client VM will be used

It seems the jvm.dll has moved from classic to client folder in jdk1.4.0:
in jdk 1.3.1/jre/bin/classic/jvm.dll
in jdk 1.4.0/jre/bin/client/jvm.dll

Does anybody know how configure tomcat to search in right folder?

best regards
Manfred Pruntsch

IFCOS Institut für Zell- und Organsimulation GmbH
email: manfred.pruntsch at ifcos.com