[opencms-dev] About upgradation version

Thomas Gick thomasgick at web.de
Thu Sep 12 13:29:50 CEST 2002

Hi Mayur,

The Database Schema has changed to Opencms 5, so it is not sufficient to replace the
.war file and restart tomcat.

If you don´t use content in own tables like with own opencms applications you can do the following:

Go to Database Management and export your complete Root Folder "/". Do not export System folder. This you achieve with checking a option in the export dialog.

Now install a fresh 5.0b System on the same (save your database before) or another box.
Import the workplace and then import your export zip file with Database Management.

So should be all.
I hope it helps you..

Thomas