[opencms-dev] export-import problems between different OS

Benjamin Klatt benjamin at recordstores.de
Wed Sep 25 09:40:23 CEST 2002

Dear list,

I build the templates and the basic pages for a website on my local
workstation and wanted to ship them after an export on the server.
Unsuccessfully.
On my local system (WinXP) everything works fine, the export too. The import
on the server (Solaris) worked also without any problems. The Problems
occured if I tried to publish my project. There wasn't any error message but
unpublished the pages were displayed correctly, published (dynamic or static
export are the same) I get an file not found message. That's not strange
enought, binary files like images were exported without any problems just
the textfiles (like simple html or css) didn't worked.
Did anybody made the same experience or heard about a fix? Could that be a
problem icoming up cause of the differences in writing and reading textfiles
on windows and solaris?

Thanks for any help or hints

Benjamin