[opencms-dev] Error in file topic of the search template

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 4 11:56:21 CEST 2002

Ok - here the answer for anyone, who have a problem with this one in
future...

Htdig response consists files header.html,
long.html/syntax.html/nomatch.html and footer.html. CmsHtdig class' parsing
method requires that the response has a clear structure - every line
consists one data item. If data items are overlapping or there is an empty
line between the data items, the parsing method gets confused and produces
'Error in file topic of the search
template'.

So, we have to make sure that the response is well-formed. Therefore the
content for header.html, long.html, syntax.html, nomatch.html and
footer.html has to be exactly like below (<empty line> = not content, just
to identify that the line must be changed after the last data item -
otherwise the data items will overlap).

Regards,

Olli

header.html