[opencms-dev] OpenCMS Install problem

Thomas Droste T.Droste at tu-bs.de
Mon Oct 7 14:37:45 CEST 2002

Hi there,

I'm trying to install OPenCMS and I ran in a problem. I've successfully
installed Tomcat 4.1.12 and I can access the tomcat-pages on my local
webserver.
But when I try to run the Setup-Wizard of OpenCMS, I get:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException
at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.j
ava:248) at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:289)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:240) at

and so on.

Could anybody please give me a hint how to install OpenCMS successfully?

System:
Debian Sid
Kernel 2.4.19
j2sdk1.3 (1.3.1, from Blackdown)