[opencms-dev] why the long servlet path, how to change

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Oct 30 09:02:06 CET 2002

OpenCms launches JSPs from within it's context using
getRequestDispatcher().include(). So if you configure opencms so
that all requests in the context are handled by the opencms servlet,
this will not longer function.

Probably there is a way to configure web.xml so that JSPs still work,
but I haven't tried ot yet.

The simple approach for having JSP support so far would be to just
stick with the default configuration.
Of course you can rename the servlet zone / servlet if you dont
like the /opencms/opencms/ part.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior