[opencms-dev] Problem with example in doc

Claude Hoffmann claude at bluesaturn.com
Mon Nov 4 20:15:48 CET 2002

Hi there,

I am currently evaluating OpenCMS for a customer project and am going
through the documentation.

Well, I am using version 5.0beta and wanted to go through the example in
the documentation on page 25ff. (master, frame, contenttemplate).

I created all files as described in the docu and rechecked about 5
times, but whenever I create a page based on this template, I get the
following error:

______________________________

[frametemplate] ??? [CmsException]: 21 XML parsing error. Detailed
Error: Cannot parse XML file "/content/frametemplates/frametemplate1".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of elements must consist of
well-formed character data or markup..

Are the definitions of the templates case-sensitive? Of course,
references to classes like e.g. com.opencms.template.CmsXmlTemplate are
case-sensitive, but what about the rest of the stuff?

Does anyone have any clue about this problem?

Best regards
Claude Hoffmann