[opencms-dev] Changing the backend database! Possible?

Thomas Gick thomasgick at web.de
Tue Nov 12 19:40:21 CET 2002

Hi list,

i installed OpenCMS 5.0beta2 and want to create a lot of pages
in the current database.

When i am ready, i want to transfer the data from the database into
another database with exactly the same configuration.
I only want to change the connection parameters in opencms.properties
to the new database.

1) Do you have some hints for me, what could go wrong!
It is more sure, if i disable static.export during the creation
in database 1? I don´t know what happens, if there is a static
export on linuxbox1 which does exist no longer on linuxbox2,
if i would connect to the new database from a second instance
of opencms.

But this effekt should arise too, if i toggle on/off the parameter
staticexport.enabled.

2) How does opencms knows, if i toggle the parameter to true,
that all pages have to exported first.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

thomasgick at web.de