[opencms-dev] User Management

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri Nov 15 09:45:09 CET 2002

Sharma,

think of it like math sets. Sets of user permissions.

Group/set A is the parent group
Group/set B is the child group (B extends A)

If user X is in B he has permissions for all resources that are in A or
B.
If user Y is in A only, he has no permissions for resources in B.

If you assign group A to a folder,user X in group B will have group
permissions for that folder without being a member of group A directly.
If you assign group B to a folder, user Y will have no group permissions
in that folder.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior