[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 5 Beta 2 classes within VFS?

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Tue Nov 19 12:25:33 CET 2002

Nico,

yes, you can place class files there. These will be automatically
exported to the "real" file system in the /WEB-INF/classes directory
upon publish. The standard classloader will then just load them like
normal classes. Depending on how you have configured Tomcat you must
restart it in case your classes have changed after a publish.

The same applies to the /lib directory of a module.

This is mainly for creation of new modules, which can be done in the
"Administration" view under "Module Management" with the "Create new
Module" button (try it to see what it does in detail). The intention is
that you can bundle your classes with other OpenCms files in one module
and just deploy this module on other servers.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
OpenCms Group / Alkacon Software