[opencms-dev] Build of oc 5.0 beta 2 fails - how to exclude oracle support?

Thorsten Guenther tguenther at synaix.de
Tue Nov 19 14:50:31 CET 2002

Alexander,

thank you for the hint!

I did the following to get oc 5b2 to compile with ant 1.5.1 and without
oracle jdbc:

---------------------
In opencms/bulid.xml, line 50:
change from
    <property name="build.excludes"          value=""/>
    <property name="build.tmpexcludes"          value=""/>

In opencms/bulid.xml, line 69:
change from
        <condition property="build.excludes" value="${build.excludes},
${ex.oracle}">
        <condition property="build.excludes" value="${build.tmpexcludes},
${ex.oracle}">

In opencms/src/com/opencms/flex/util/CmsLruHashMap.java, line 33:
outcomment this line:
        //import oracle.net.ano.SupervisorService;
---------------------

It seems that in ant 1.5.1 it is not possible to "overwrite" propertys in
<condition> tasks.

oc will compile with these changes, but please be aware that i did not test
it until now. (I don't know wether the loss of oracle in flex is doing any
harmfull.)

Regards,
Thorsten

 Thorsten Günther

  synaix
  Gesellschaft fuer angewandte Informations-Technologien mbH
  Im Suesterfeld 1
  52072 Aachen, Deutschland
  Amtsgericht Aachen HRB5670, GF Stefan Fritz, Michael Benden

  Mailto:tguenther at synaix.de
  http://www.synaix.de
  Tel +49 241 41 30-154  Fax +49 241 41 30-480

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           "Alexander Kandzior"  |
|         |           <alex at opencms.org>    |
|         |           Gesendet von:         |
|         |           owner-opencms-dev at www.|
|         |           opencms.org           |
|         |                                 |
|         |                                 |
|         |           19.11.2002 12:17      |
|         |           Bitte antworten an    |
|         |           opencms-dev           |
|         |                                 |
|---------+--------------------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |        An:      <opencms-dev at www.opencms.org>                                                                                              |
  |        Kopie:   (Blindkopie: Thorsten Guenther/ac/synaix)                                                                                  |
  |        Thema:   RE: [opencms-dev] Build of oc 5.0 beta 2 fails - how to exclude oracle support?                                            |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Thorsten,

you are probably using Ant 1.5. Use Ant 1.4 and it will ignore the
missing Oracle stuff.

Better yet, have a look in the build.xml around the following lines:

        <condition property="build.excludes"
value="${build.excludes},${ex.oracle}">
        </condition>

and change this so that it works with Ant 1.5.
Don't forget to post your changes here on the list ;-)

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
OpenCms Group / Alkacon Software

  Mailto:tguenther at synaix.de
  http://www.synaix.de
  Tel +49 241 41 30-154  Fax +49 241 41 30-480