[opencms-dev] Weblogic & Oracle

mfoley5 at csc.com.au mfoley5 at csc.com.au
Tue Nov 19 23:52:01 CET 2002

Hi Murray,

Try this:

1. Expand/unjar the opencms.war file into the applications directory of
your WebLogic domain.
2. Modify the classpath in startWebLogic.sh similar to the attached copy
from my domain, ensuring the relative positions of the jar files.
3. Configure OpenCms as a web application in the WebLogic console - e.g.
named "ocmsAppName"
4. Start the OpenCms setup wizard by pointing your browser to
http://server:port/ocmsAppName/ocsetup
5. Specify the "genericsql" database driver and a username/password for the
tables which will be created, as well as the connection string for the
database.
6. Follow the wizard through the steps - accept the default settings as you
go, say "yes" to importing the workplace (this takes a while, perhaps 10
minutes).
7. When the wizard is finished, you can start the OpenCms workplace by
going to
http://server:port/ocmsAppName/opencms/system/workplace/action/login.html
and logging in as Admin with password admin (case is important).

You may also want to consider this other posting from me (this resulted in
a fix in OpenCms 5.0beta):

"Having beaten my head against non-OpenCms issues with WebLogic and the
Oracle Oci driver for too long I have re-visited the GenericSql option
using the 'thin' driver, and think I have a solution.

It appears the "date/time" issue reported earlier is related to the size of
the byte array passed to the *.setBytes() calls in
com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsDbAccess.  I gather that the Oracle driver
has a limit of 2000 bytes here and this produces the (misleading) error.

I have replaced setBytes with setBinaryStream and have written a new class
which simply turns the byte array into an Object extending
java.io.InputStream."

Regards,
Mark

Mark Foley
CSC
212 Northbourne Ave, Braddon, ACT 2612
Ph: +61-2-62468487    Email: mfoley5 at csc.com.au

This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information and
may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose
other than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained
in it. In this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
permanently from your system and destroy any copies.

                      "Bodor, Murray"
                      <bodor.murray at aquila.c        To:       "'opencms-dev at opencms.org'" <opencms-dev at opencms.org>
                      om>                           cc:
                      Sent by:                      Subject:  [opencms-dev] Weblogic & Oracle
                      owner-opencms-dev at www.
                      opencms.org

                      20/11/2002 09:30 AM
                      Please respond to
                      opencms-dev

Could someone please repost the instructions for installing OpenCMS with
BEA
Weblogic 6.1 and Oracle.

How come these don't appear anywhere on the OpenCMS site or in the install
guide?

TIA,
M. Bodor