[opencms-dev] Calling a java class from OC beta 2

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Mon Nov 25 15:35:51 CET 2002

Assaf,

you must place you classes in the
{tomcat-home}/{opencms-webapp-dir}/WEB-INF/classes directory like you
would do it for a "normal" web application. There is no special OpenCms
related trick. In case you have changed files in /classes, depending on
your Tomcat configuration, you might have to restart Tomcat.

Note: In case your class is in a package, you must also create the
package directories in the ../classes folder. So if your class e.g. is
called "my.package.MyClass", you must place "MyClass.class" in
../classes/my/package/MyClass.class NOT in ../classes/MyClass.class.
This is required by the Java classloader (ie. completly unrelated to
OpenCms).

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior