[opencms-dev] Q: second instance of opencms for testing possible?

Sven Dittmar dittmar at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Nov 26 13:16:28 CET 2002

Hi there,

I copied opencms.war to opencmstest.war and restartet catalina/tomcat
(opencms 5beta and tomcat4).

Is a second instance possible at all? I need it for testing purpose
beside the main evaluation are which is already "in production" on the
same machine.

http://localhost:8080/opencmstest/ocsetup/index.jsp
works:

Creating database ... Ok
Creating tables ... Ok

but it loops endlessly while importing the workspace so I can not finish
the installation correctly.

Browserwindow says:

Importing workplace ... please wait
5:	[OpenCms] creating first cms-object...
4:	[OpenCmsServlet] file.encoding: ANSI_X3.4-1968
3:	[OpenCmsServlet] OS Info: Linux 2.2.19 i386
2:	[OpenCmsServlet] JDK Info: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.4.1_01-b01
mixed mode Sun Microsystems Inc.
1:	[OpenCmsServlet] logging started
0:	%%% props:
/serv/services/jakarta/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/webapps/opencmstest/WEB-INF/config/opencms.properties

All I see in the logfile is:

tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/logs/catalina.out <==
[com.opencms.dbpool.CmsPool] mysql: creating new connection. Current
Amount is:0
[com.opencms.dbpool.CmsPool] mysql: creating new connection. Current
Amount is:1
[com.opencms.dbpool.CmsPool] mysql: creating new connection. Current
Amount is:2
[com.opencms.dbpool.CmsPool] mysql: creating new connection. Current
Amount is:3
[com.opencms.dbpool.CmsPool] mysql: creating new connection. Current
Amount is:4
[com.opencms.dbpool.CmsPool] mysql: creating new connection. Current
Amount is:5
[com.opencms.dbpool.CmsPool] mysql: creating new connection. Current
Amount is:6
[com.opencms.dbpool.CmsPool] mysql: creating new connection. Current
Amount is:7
[com.opencms.dbpool.CmsPool] mysql: creating new connection. Current
Amount is:8
[com.opencms.dbpool.CmsPool] mysql: creating new connection. Current
Amount is:9
[com.opencms.dbpool.CmsPool] mysql: created
[com.opencms.dbpool.CmsPool] mysql: starting connection-guard

What can I do now to finish the installation correctly?

Thanks,
--
Sven Dittmar