[opencms-dev] jsp:forward appears to be failing in Beta2

Ivan Biddles ivanb at scientology.net
Tue Dec 3 08:32:10 CET 2002

Hi,

I 'm running 5.0 Beta 2 on Linux with Apache / Tomcat and MySQL.

I have a short JSP which does a validation of user input and then makes
a jsp:forward to one of two HTML template pages.

This worked perfectly on 5.0 Beta 1 (on Windows).

I have reduced the JSP down to just a single line (jsp:forward to a
fixed
HTML template page) and every time, there are no bytes sent back to the
browser - even though the page I'm forwarding to can be reached from
straight hyperlinks from other pages.

I have tried all possible combinations of page reference within the
jsp:forward - all with the same result:

     /myproject/index.html
     /opencms/myproject/index.html
     /opencms/opencms/myproject/index.html
     /opencms/opencms/opencms/myproject/index.html

All the output in the log file from the point of invoking the JSP is
shown below. The only interesting thing is that it uses default encoding
when it found the correct encoding when it called the index.html from
the hyperlink.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I would really appreciate
some help on this.

Thanks,
         Ivan

Request character encoding is: 'utf-8'

[com.opencms.file.CmsRequestContext] can't get encoding property
content-encoding or original XML encoding for resource
/opencms/opencms/cos/scientology/login/index.html, try to get it from
session

no encoding found - use default one

[com.opencms.file.CmsRequestContext]
resource=/opencms/opencms/cos/scientology/login/index.html,
encoding=utf-8