[opencms-dev] Where is the "/projects/"

Michelle Shu Yang syang3 at gl.umbc.edu
Thu Dec 5 02:33:36 CET 2002

I understand that the online documentation
OpenCmsDoc20020308.pdf refers to version 4.6.1; however, it is the only
manual I could find to use, I need some help here to translate it to the
current version 5 beta 2.

For those who had successfully create a new project in project management
tool, could you tell me where to select the "/projects/" directory as
indicated one page 14 (in Acrobet Reader). I could not see a "projects"
directory under the root. The only directory I have under the virtual file
system is the "system" directory. I did not see other directories as
mentioned in the documentation:

    /content
    /download
    /pics

I tried to type in "/projects/" in the textbox under the Description
textbox in the interface for creating a new project. Then click on the
blue arrow button on the right. An exception was thrown, and project
creation was failed.

Then I tried to select an existing directory from the pop up directory
window, (I chose /system/workplace/administration/project, I knew it was
not supposed so, but ... ) it worked as in creating a new project.
However, I could not proceed any more. I wanted to create an index.html
page in order to see the interface of the WYSIWYG editor in IE 6 for
OpenCms. No luck. Obviously, I should not create my project folder
under /system directory part,
But where else I could go? And how?

Please help! Thanks!

PS: In case you want to know, I was using the following tools

OS: Windows 2000
OpenCms version5 beta 2
Tomcat 4.0.6
MySQL 4.0.5-beta-max-nt

Michelle ( Shu Yang )

= Graduate Student of Computer Science       =
= University of Maryland, Baltimore County   =