[opencms-dev] How Do I access the subfolder to populate JavaScript popUp submenu?

Koroup Ear Kear at iPathSolutions.com
Tue Dec 10 22:16:12 CET 2002

Folks,

I am new to openCMS and I am trying to build a build a dynamic Left Navigation for my website that:

1. List all of the folders in the root directory and the main Left Navigation Menu Item

2. In each folder at the root level, I have subfolder(s) and I want to dynamically pull those subfolder(s) and feed it/them into my

JavaScript popup submenu corresponding to each of the folder at the root level.

In # 1 listed above, I was able to able to accomplished this using the getNavCurrent method.

However, how would I go about to accomplish # 2? Does anybody out there have a solutions to it?

Also, how would I go about the declare a variable either it is an int or string and set it to a value in openCMS without having to do it in either Javascript or touch any of the existing openCMS Java Classes.

Please help as much as you can... I am a rookie at this.

Thanks a million folks!

Koroup E.

Sr. Portal Content Management Architect.

iPathsolutions Inc.

832 721-8717

kear at ipathsolutions.com