[opencms-dev] Wasteful saving in /system/bodies

Thorsten Guenther tguenther at synaix.de
Tue Dec 17 14:00:27 CET 2002

Hi Thomas!

I understood your question and pointed to the right thread but not the
right posting in it. Sorry for any confusion i caused.
In http://www.opencms.org/majordomo/opencms-dev/0204/msg00046.html Andreas
Schouten is explaining the matter es follows (and in essence as Michael
Emmerich kindly did):

---------snip----------
Now the question - why is everything doubled? The edittemple holds the
original body you have created. The template body is a jtidy copy of that
body with special tags (<link> tag). With these <link> tags OpenCms
controls
new features like static export (and lucene search engine in the future).
If
you edit a body the content is got from "edittemplate". If you safe the
body
it contents is stored in edittemplate. After that the content is parsed by
jtidy and all links are sourrounded by <link> tags. If you view a body the
"template" body is used.
---------snip----------

Regards,
Thorsten

P.S. Dokumentenmanagement mit Anbindung an Archivsysteme, Optimierung von
Workflows.
++ Zugriff über Webbrowser, Notes-Client oder direkt aus den Applikationen
heraus ++
=> Interessiert, dann sprechen Sie uns an!
 Thorsten Günther

  synaix
  Gesellschaft fuer angewandte Informations-Technologien mbH
  Im Suesterfeld 1
  52072 Aachen, Deutschland
  Amtsgericht Aachen HRB5670, GF Stefan Fritz, Michael Benden

  Mailto:tguenther at synaix.de
  http://www.synaix.de
  Tel +49 241 41 30-154  Fax +49 241 41 30-480

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           Thomas Gick           |
|         |           <thomasgick at web.de>   |
|         |           Gesendet von:         |
|         |           owner-opencms-dev at www.|
|         |           opencms.org           |
|         |                                 |
|         |                                 |
|         |           16.12.2002 20:41      |
|         |           Bitte antworten an    |
|         |           opencms-dev           |
|         |                                 |
|---------+--------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                           |
  |        An:      Thorsten Guenther <opencms-dev at www.opencms.org>                                                                           |
  |        Kopie:   (Blindkopie: Thorsten Guenther/ac/synaix)                                                                                 |
  |        Thema:   Re: Antwort: [opencms-dev] Wasteful saving in /system/bodies                                                              |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi Thorsten,

thanks for answering me. I know the reason for /system/bodies
oder /content/bodys but i didn´t know in detail about
the structure of these files. The answer of michael emmerich
gives a good explanation.

Thomas

Hello Thorsten,

http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021153